Our Information and Advice team consists of five people: Lynne Heighway, Corinne Green, Stephanie Lepic, Sue Purdie and Ros Walters (our Specialist Benefits Advisor).
We are here to answer any query you may have in regards to your caring role and to help in any way we can. If we cannot assist you directly, we will always find someone who can. Here are some examples of the things we can help with:
- Benefits (such as Disability Living Allowance for children, Personal Independence Payments, Attendance Allowance, Carer's Allowance and many others) - we provide benefits checks and can help to fill out the forms
- Respite care (to give the carer a break)
- Support and practical help for the carer and the person they care for through Social Services (this may include financial assessment and help)
- Emergency care planning and planning for the future
- Disability equipment
- Assistive technology (for example care phones)
- Blue badges (for disabled parking)
- Other transport help
- Other specialist services relevant to the person's needs
To access this service, please telephone 0300 012 0231 or visit the Contact Us section of this website.
Phone lines open from 9-5 Monday - Friday. We also offer home visits if that is more convenient.
Please also visit our YouTube channel Carers Count Official 2020 for informative videos, such as this one about how we can help you with benefit applications:
For more information and advice please get in touch with us on
0300 012 0231
To find out about emotional support available, please visit our Carer Well-Being page.