If you, or a loved one, are in hospital and due to be discharged, we can:
- provide you with information on the discharge process, your rights within it, and those of the cared for person
- support you to speak to health and social care professionals, ensuring you and the person you care for get the support you need
- help you access a carers assessment
- provide benefits advice, including support to complete forms
- signpost you to additional services and support, e.g., assistive technology so the person you care for can remain at home
- support you to access respite services so you have time to recover if you have been in hospital while knowing your loved one is safe.
- work with you to develop a contingency plan for if you need to return to hospital so you know the person you care for is receiving the care they need
- signpost you and your loved one to groups, events, and activities that will help you maintain your physical and emotional health, reducing the risk of future hospital visits.
For more information on how we can help, contact one of our Hospital Liaison Workers, Shazia and Louise, or see our leaflet below.
Information for Health & Social Care Professionals
Unpaid carers need a range of support when they, or someone they care for, is in hospital. If you identify an unpaid carer, our service can help. Please see our leaflet below for how to support a carer and help them access our service.
If you wish to make a referral to our service or for more information, click on the button below to send us an email or call us on 0300 012 0231.