About Carers Rights Day
The theme for Carers Rights Day 2020 is 'Know Your Rights'.
If you care for a family member or friend, it is important that you understand your rights and are able to access the appropriate support as soon as you need it. Each year, Carers Rights Day helps to:
- ensure carers are aware of their rights
- let carers know where to get help and support
- raise awareness of the needs of carers
You can learn more by visiting the Carers UK website.
Join Carers Count for our special Carer's Rights Day event!
We have planned a virtual 'Cuppa & Chat' at 1pm to help carers understand their rights and how to access support in Kirklees.
The session will include:
- An introduction to members of the Carers Count Advocacy, Information and Advice and Mental Health teams with the opportunity for carers to ask questions about the support on offer
- Information from a representative of Ridley and Hall solicitors about how they can provide legal advice to support carers, with the opportunity for carers to ask personal questions in a private virtual meeting if preferred
Please click here to book your place!
Find out more about Carers' Rights by watching this brief introduction:
Please take a look at the Carer's Rights edition of our newsletter, 'Count on Us!'
Our organisation has been involved in producing a report, 'Valuing Voices: Protecting rights through the pandemic and beyond'.
This is the result of a survey of nearly 450 advocates across the UK. Read it here: