0300 012 0231

MENU menu

Close close menu

Carer Support Services in Kirklees


Working in Partnership

Follow #KirkleesThinkCarers on Facebook

carers trust

Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is a local charity working in partnership with Kirklees Council to support unpaid family carers at no cost to themselves in an emergency or to access a regular weekly break where needed. As a charity, we care for people not for profit. No-one cares more than Carers Trust.


Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire respects the individuality of carers and people with care needs and seeks to promote choice, independence, dignity and safety. We believe that carers must have access to high quality services. We are registered as ‘Good’ with CQC and our staff are trained to a high level to be able to support people with complex needs and health conditions including providing support with medication and personal care where needed.


Support Services:

  • Weekly breaks / Support in the home
  • Group support sessions
  • Bathing Service
  • Emergency Carer Support


Tel: 01484 537036 (office)

Email: info@CTMY.org.uk


Milford House, Unit 9 Shaw Park, Silver Street, Aspley, Huddersfield, HD5 9AF

Kirkwood Hospice

Kirkwood Hospice provides specialist care, free of charge, to adults in Kirklees with advanced, progressive illnesses at any time from diagnosis to the end of life, respecting their individual needs and wishes. Care and support is also provided for their family members, friends and carers, both during the illness and after death. Through education, training and partnership with others, the Hospice improves care for everyone affected by a life-limiting illness.


More information about Kirkwood...


Tel: 01484 557900



While Barnardo’s wholeheartedly recognises the enormous contribution that carers of all ages make, KYC specifically supports Young Carers aged 8-18 across Kirklees.


More information about the Young Carers service...


If you know a young person caring for someone with a physical or mental health condition or disability, please contact us for more information on 01484 426100 or check out our website: www.barnardos.org.uk/kirklees-ycs.htm.

PCAN (Parents of Children with Additional Needs) is an independent charity for parents/carers of any child or children aged 0 - 25 who have special educational needs and/or disabilities across Kirklees.  Don’t worry if your child doesn’t have a diagnosis.  You can join PCAN if you are just becoming aware that your child has additional needs. It’s free! – click here http://bit.ly/2WmT4Cx.


More information about PCAN...


Tel: 07754 102336

Email: info@pcankirklees.org


KIAS is a dedicated service for parents, carers, children and young people, providing free, impartial and confidential Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support.


Tel: 0300 330 1504





GP Surgeries


Let your GP practice know that you are a carer and ask if this can be registered on your medical record. All GP practices are required to keep a Carers Register, which is a list of patients who are providing unpaid care and support to a family member or friend living with a long-term health condition.


In addition to this, your practice may also offer:


Patient Reference Groups:

Most GP practices have a PRG or Patient Reference Group (previously known as a Patient Participation Group), which is a group of patients who meet at regular intervals with staff to discuss practice affairs and is an excellent way of having a voice and being involved in helping your practice to be the best it can. Anyone is welcome to join – get in touch with your practice for more information.