Carers Count Action was initially set up to give carers across the region their own voice to help shape the way that Carers Count services are delivered and to provide feedback on the support available currently and in the future.
Taking its lead from the highly successful Kirklees Mental Health Carers Forum - which has been fundamental in helping to implement changes in local services - Carers Count Action is run in partnership with carers and we welcome all carers from across Kirklees to engage with us and help us to improve the services we offer.
The main aims and goals of the forum are:
- To be a collective voice for carers
- To allow carers a safe and friendly space to share their views, concerns and experiences of Carers Count services – good or bad
- To provide an opportunity for carers to hear about changes to existing Carers Count services from the professionals who are planning and making the changes
- To enable carers to hear about proposed changes to Carers Count services before they take effect
- To open up a direct dialogue between service professionals and carers to openly discuss new developments and plans, and to have a positive impact on services
- To offer carers the chance to help set the agenda for the meetings
- To ensure that Carers Count is accountable for implementing the changes agreed upon
We actively welcome all carers to get involved in any way to help shape the future of Carers Count services across Kirklees.
Carers Count provide the facilities to host the meeting (currently on Zoom) and follow up minutes are sent to all attendees. Forum members are also invited back to follow up sessions wherever possible.
If you'd like to find out more or have any questions about joining the forum, we'd love to hear from you.
Please get in touch!